The RTAA is excited to partner with RISSB for the 2018 Horizons Program for up and coming technical professionals in the rail industry. RTAA President, Tom Kerr and Dr Martin Murray from KCPM Consulting will be facilitating a workshop on future technology in key areas at the launch forum in Brisbane in September. A development program targeted at technical rail professionals under 35 years of age, Horizons seeks to provide a forum for knowledge sharing and technical learning and innovation while extending the participants’ professional networks. Young Professional members of the RTAA may like to consider applying for the 2019 program.
HORIZONS PROGRAM – SHAPING RAIL’S TECHNICAL FUTURE
RISSB is offering a unique opportunity to up and coming technical professionals in the rail industry to be part of shaping rail’s technical future. The inaugural Horizons Program, which will run from August 2018 to October 2019, will:
- Encourage young professionals to provide technical input into RISSB’s and the rail industry’s future.
- Assist in improving the safety and productivity of the rail industry through RISSB products.
- Provide a forum for knowledge sharing and learning.
- Extend the participant’s professional network on a national scale both within and outside the rail industry.
- Provide participants with the skills to drive and manage change.
The Horizons Program will bring benefits to the young professional, their organisation and the industry more broadly.
The Horizons Program will encompass activities aimed at providing knowledge and understanding of:
- The broader rail industry and the role of RISSB.
- The future of rail in the context of evolving technology.
- New and innovative technology.
- Learnings from technical leaders in industry.
- The role young professionals can play in shaping the technical future of the industry.
- RISSB’s future directions and focus areas.
The Horizons Program is open to all RISSB members. Your organisation can nominate up to 2 people to be part of this program using the nomination form. RISSB reserves the right to limit participants to one per organisation and consider participants from other organisations.
- Nominees should preferably be aged 35 or under with up to five years’ experience in the rail industry.
- We encourage DIVERSITY (e.g. in their role, gender, ethnic background, qualifications).
- We want a line manager or senior manager to also sign the nomination form and support the nominee not only in the nomination process but throughout the program – this person must be prepared to be the RISSB contact for the program, mentor the participant and potentially attend some elements of the program as far as possible.