RISSB HORIZONS WORKSHOP, BRISBANE
The RTAA is excited to partner with RISSB for the 2018 Horizons Program for up and coming technical professionals in the rail industry. RTAA President, Tom Kerr and Dr Martin Murray from KCPM Consulting will be facilitating a workshop on future technology in key areas at the launch forum in Brisbane in September. A development program targeted at technical rail professionals under 35 years of age, Horizons seeks to provide a forum for knowledge sharing and technical learning and innovation while extending the participants’ professional networks. Young Professional members of the RTAA may like to consider applying for the 2019 program.
HORIZONS PROGRAM – SHAPING RAIL’S TECHNICAL FUTURE
RISSB is offering a unique opportunity to up and coming technical professionals in the rail industry to be part of shaping rail’s technical future. The inaugural Horizons Program, which will run from August 2018 to October 2019, will:
- Encourage young professionals to provide technical input into RISSB’s and the rail industry’s future.
- Assist in improving the safety and productivity of the rail industry through RISSB products.
- Provide a forum for knowledge sharing and learning.
- Extend the participant’s professional network on a national scale both within and outside the rail industry.
- Provide participants with the skills to drive and manage change.
The Horizons Program will bring benefits to the young professional, their organisation and the industry more broadly.
The Horizons Program will encompass activities aimed at providing knowledge and understanding of:
- The broader rail industry and the role of RISSB.
- The future of rail in the context of evolving technology.
- New and innovative technology.
- Learnings from technical leaders in industry.
- The role young professionals can play in shaping the technical future of the industry.
- RISSB’s future directions and focus areas.
The Horizons Program is open to all RISSB members. Your organisation can nominate up to 2 people to be part of this program using the nomination form. RISSB reserves the right to limit participants to one per organisation and consider participants from other organisations.
- Nominees should preferably be aged 35 or under with up to five years’ experience in the rail industry.
- We encourage DIVERSITY (e.g. in their role, gender, ethnic background, qualifications).
- We want a line manager or senior manager to also sign the nomination form and support the nominee not only in the nomination process but throughout the program – this person must be prepared to be the RISSB contact for the program, mentor the participant and potentially attend some elements of the program as far as possible.
DIVERSITY AWARD NOMINATIONS OPEN
Our recent Sydney Diversity member event marked the launch of the 2018 RTAA Diversity Award. As part of our commitment to the promotion of a diverse rail industry the RTAA initiated the annual Australasian Rail Diversity Award in 2017. The award seeks to recognise and acknowledge our corporate members who set new standards of excellence in the promotion of diverse and inclusive workforces within their organisation.
We warmly invite all our corporate members to nominate for this nationally recognised award and to reflect on their organisations journey towards a truly diverse and inclusive work place.
Nominations are open now and will close on 30 September with the winner to be announced at the RTAA Field Day Dinner in April 2019
EXTENDED FOR ANOTHER MONTH
Institution of Railway Signal Engineers Local Joint Meeting - ADELAIDE
The RTAA is once again, proud to sponsor this event.
Thursday 6 September 2018
Time: 5:45pm for a 6:00pm start
Venue: Fedora’s Restaurant
Hilton Hotel, Corner South Road & Sir Donald Bradman Drive, Hilton SA 5033
6:00pm Meeting Opening
6:05pm “Train Detection – Track Circuits & Axle Counters
Advantages & Disadvantages”
Trevor Moore HonFIRSE
Signalling Standards Engineer, Australian Rail Track Corporation
6:45pm Train Detection and Asset Monitoring – using acoustic detection
Mark Foster AMIRSE
Country Manager Asia Pacific, Wavetrain Systems Pty Ltd
7:30pm Meeting Conclusion
7:40pm Cocktail Meal & Refreshments
For further information on the speakers click HERE
To assist with venue setup and catering, please REGISTER
General Enquiries & Special Dietary Requirements to Malcolm Menadue.