Sydney Western Suburbs – Wetherill Park Project Manager
Rhomberg Rail Australia is the local operating division of the Austrian-based Rhomberg Sersa Rail Group. We are a leading rail design, construction and maintenance specialist, providing for today’s rail networks through a complete range of innovative rail infrastructure solutions. With a team of highly-experienced local rail professionals, Rhomberg Rail aims to encourage and drive a culture of service excellence and develop best-practice relationships with our clients.
Rhomberg Rail provides the best of European innovation with local know-how and knowledge that is unsurpassed in Australia.
RAIL experience is essential in this highly autonomous and result driven role, encompassing the outlined duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for the tendering, management and delivery of rail infrastructure projects
- Develop and foster a culture of OH&S and rail safety within this highly regulated market
- Liaise with customers, suppliers and project partners
- Tendering, cost estimate and development of project delivery methodologies
- Use of cost control software (PRONTO) to manage financial outcomes during project delivery
- Management and monitoring of project delivery in accordance with the company's Quality Assurance and Controlling system
- Maintenance of appropriate communications between the various functions/divisions
- Ensure compliance with Safety Management, Environmental Management Regulations
- Develop and implement innovative delivery methodologies in line with the company's strategies and senior management's directions.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role, preferably in a project management, rail engineering and construction environment
- Excellent problem solving abilities and initiative
- Relevant Bachelor degree qualifications
- A high level of computer literacy - use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Projects and other project management software
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Team player willing to get involved across the business
Applications close May 30th 2019
Looking to get your career on track?
We have some wonderful opportunities for the right people, right now!
Breaking free of stereotypes and clichés to establish yourself in a career that works for you is the new norm these days- regardless of your background or current circumstances. That’s why this is great news for you and your career. We have some fantastic, entry-level WHS opportunities with some of this country’s most reputable rail and infrastructure companies.
We are actively seeking motivated, career-minded applicants to our unique, all-inclusive cadet programme. A programme in which you will be paid to learn, grow and achieve the required experiences and qualifications to fill positions with our host companies.
Qualified Ultrasonic DNT Level 1 or 2
Rail testing experience advantageous / Qualified AINDT 1 -2
9/5 Roster Karratha FIFO
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Machine set-up and calibration before each scheduled test
- Managing the calibration of equipment and the associated records.
- Ensuring that incidents and non-listed matters are analysed effectively and follow up work is carried out.
Qualified NSW Electrician for Rail Grinding Machine Operator and Maintainer Role
Based in Sydney and surrounds NSW (no FIFO)
- NSW state qualified nonrestrictive electrical license
- Mechanical/electrical experience and strong mechanical aptitude
- Rail inductions and Sydney rail network experience advantageous but not a necessity
- Additional training provided by the Company
Casual Rail Infrastructure Trainer – Queensland
We are currently seeking a trainer and assessor to join our team as a Casual Rail Infrastructure Trainer. The purpose of this role is to deliver rail training and associated assessments (both classroom and field-based) throughout Queensland.
- Certificate II or III in Rail Infrastructure or SOA’s with units held
- Queensland Protection Officer 1 and 2 qualifications
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or the upgraded TAE40116 qualification
- Current Cat 1,2 or 3 Medical
- Thorough Rail industry knowledge
- Quality communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to problem solve and make sound decisions
- Excellent time management skills and self-motivation
- Good working level of computer skills
- Ability to travel for work
To be successful in this role you will have a positive attitude and a strong commitment to quality training in the Rail Industry. You will be part of a supportive team and benefit from a high level of job flexibility and the opportunity to work with some of Australia's biggest companies.
Applications close 31 May 2019
Expression of Interest - Applications Engineer (Rail Wheel Interface)
The Application Engineer is responsible for the development and up keep of the rail grinding quality assurance system, including machine grinding patterns, quality auditing of the machine grind and assisting the teams in maintaining the grind quality.
Key operational tasks:
- Develop and maintain quality audit plans.
- Maintain a site presence in assisting grinding quality.
- Customer interface regarding quality and production.
- Assist in Engineering compliance.
- Develop grinding patterns.
- Profile analysis and template design – both manually and electronically.
- Training of operators on how to use the quality management tools, such as templates, miniprof and technogamma.
For further details contact:
Human Resources Manager – Australia